Friday 1 January 2010

Doctor Who is Dead. Long Live Doctor Who.

We have a new Doctor.

It's sad that David Tennant has gone but to be honest as much as I loved him before and during, I'll be a fan of the show first and foremost. I'm grateful that we were able to have him to make the role so amazing and give us his astonishing talents for 4 years. I'm also so happy that he's extended the appeal of the show by just being an amazing person outside of the show.

In short, David Tennant is amazing. He always will be and I'm proud that he's been The Doctor.

But there's a full new series on in 3 months time!

There are going to be new stories written and masterminded by one of the best showrunners in British TV. There's going to be a new Doctor and a new TARDIS and a new companion and new monsters and River Song in an appearance from earlier in her timeline. There is going to be newness all over the shop.

I think this is a *good thing*.

The past will never be forgotten but the future will never be a repeat. There's always something new to see and in Doctor Who that's ten times truer.

Proud and excited. That's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment