Tuesday 19 January 2010

Fell, hell, bells ring-a-ding, birds sing but not for me.

So I was thinking. And then I stopped thinking. I had an amazing day Saturday and the reaction I've had to my pictorial rendition of it on DailyBooth has been really wonderful. Then I come into work for night shifts.

8 hours of sitting doing relatively little and using the internet seems like a laugh, doesn't it?

Except when you've spent a day being hugely social and meeting new people, you want to keep being social with these new people. Instead I'm sat looking at American tweeters whom I don't really know and hearing my thoughts echo round the inside of my head whilst somewhat random European music batters the outside of my head. It's a lonely period.

I don't mind spending time alone. It gives me a great sense of adventure and calm and all manner of freedom. It also can be like a torture when your tied into doing almost nothing through a less than obliging IE6 powered interface.

Every night I arrive and set-up for the night ahead. Once I'm settled, it's guaranteed that the first thing I see on Twitter while getting comfortable is "goodnight" from most of the people I could want to spend time talking to.

I wish there were some sort of neural relay I could use to play computer games out of sight, or one of those feedback loops they attach to CCTV cameras in films so I could sit here reading a book or using my DS. It's an irritation that I have little of consequence to accomplish right now.

And now I've just had a slight distraction via someone actually coming to the desk but it's all over so quickly. I return to a tweet about a great sounding night out with a fit ginger guy involved. It's really lame.

Skimming over my rota, I see little opportunity for a night on the town. But then again, I've got a massive weekend that will be awesome at the end of the month so maybe I should be less down.

I will make this time worthwhile. Somehow. And the future weekend will be made of awesome.

Or I will cry.

[/emo]

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling when you want the great social keep going on and yes, I am also a fond of lonesome but social is sooo good :)

    Now, I would have thought following you will kick off a mail to let me know when blog update... guess it does not... so sorry for late comment! :)

    ReplyDelete